SurveyCTO Collect (iOS) release notesDownload SurveyCTO Collect
iOS Collect 2.70.5August 14, 2020
- New “Auto download on demand” option in General Settings.
- New “Auto install downloaded updates” option in General Settings.
- New "Quick setup" feature, available when you first install the app or from General Settings.
- Added support for the Run quick setup button on the quick setup instructions page. Clicking it can now directly launch the quick setup feature in Collect.
- Adjusted the vertical spacing between select_one and select_multiple options to make it more comfortable on higher-resolution devices, and added a new Display density setting to allow user control over the spacing.
- Case management UI will now show the last time the case list was updated. In both the tree view and the table view, a new bar will appear at the top showing the last time the cases dataset was updated.
- Fixed a bug that could prevent a user from accessing a case if there was an error in the case list (such as two forms with the same form ID).
- Improved the auto-download schedule.
iOS Collect 2.70.4July 20, 2020
- Fixed a bug that could cause an "invalid int" error when selecting a date or time.
- Added support for phone-call-duration() and collect-is-phone-app().
- Fixed a bug that would cause Collect to ignore certain appearance options if they were specified in the wrong order in the Appearance column.
iOS Collect 2.70.3May 30, 2020
- Added support for the new function: plug-in-metadata().
iOS Collect 2.70.2May 15, 2020
- Added support for the new server setting: Require users of SurveyCTO Collect to store forms and data in private app storage.
iOS Collect 2.70.1Apr. 26, 2020
- Added support for the new device-info() function, and made it so calls to the new phone-call-log() function will be ignored (since call logging is not yet supported in the iOS version of Collect).
iOS Collect 2.70Mar. 29, 2020
- Added support for field plug-ins to allow form designers more flexibility to extend and customize the appearance and functionality of their forms.
- Added support for a variety of new functions for form designers, like empty(), sum-if(), and count-items().
- Fixed the soft keyboard to offer the negative sign for integer and decimal fields and the proper decimal point for decimal fields.
- Fixed geopoint fields with the "background" appearance to preserve their original values when the form is saved and re-opened later.
- Improved the robustness of the finalization process for encrypted forms, to better handle cases where attachments are missing.
- Fixed the jr:choice-name() function (and the newer choice-label() function) to be able to retrieve choice labels even when they are dynamically filtered and have not yet been shown to the user.
- Fixed a bug that was causing Collect to sometimes crash when a geopoint field with the "background" appearance tried to get a location update.
iOS Collect 2.60.13Jan. 2, 2020
- Fixed the annotate, draw and signature appearances of the image field to open in landscape mode.
- Fixed questions with embedded sound files to stop the playback when the user swipes away from the question.
- Fixed a bug that would cause issues for barcode fields when the device orientation changes.
- Fixed a bug that was preventing saved forms from loading when the form definition had design issues.
- Fixed the maps and placement-map appearances of geopoint fields to show the current location as soon as the map loads.
- Fixed the compact-X and quickcompact-X appearances of the select_one and select_multiple fields to not render in a single column when there are images attached to choices.
- Added a warning when media files are missing from question labels.
- Added a confirmation step when removing a response to match Android Collect.
iOS Collect 2.60.12Dec. 16, 2019
- Fixed the Zoom to current location feature for geopoint fields with maps and placement-map appearances.
- Added a confirmation step to exiting a form when discarding data to match Android Collect.
- Fixed the barcode field type to allow you to replace the barcode.
- Removed the deprecated Form processing logic setting.
- Fixed a bug on iOS 13+ that would prevent image fields with annotate, draw, and signature appearances from being able to accept touch input.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the app to crash when it encountered a select_one field with quickcompact or likert appearance and the choices have images but no labels.
- Improved the choice list popup for select_multiple fields with minimal appearance.
- Improved the error message for file fields when the supplied file is disallowed by the defined MIME types.
- Fixed a bug that could cause some error messages to be covered by the keyboard.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the app to crash again after resuming a crashed form.
- Fixed a bug that would cause the file name in a file field to still be visible even after removing the response.
iOS Collect 2.60.11Dec. 6, 2019
- Improved the appearance of all select_one and select_multiple field appearances to better match Android Collect.
- Added the ability to reload forms in progress with new form definitions.
- Added the ability to submit crash reports.
- Added several features into the General Settings menu including user access controls for Constraint processing behavior, Default to finalized, Edit saved form options, and Days to auto-backup.
- Fixed a bug that would prevent coordinates from being saved by geo fields with map or placement-map appearances.
- Fixed the Disable Skip to Next feature.
- Fixed bugs in geo fields with appearance map and placement-map appearances.
iOS Collect 2.60.10Nov. 22, 2019
- Fixed several issues with field types not behaving well while in landscape orientation.
- The table view for repeat groups with table and table-labeled appearances will now fit the full width of the screen.
- Improved language support for French, Spanish, and Hindi.
- Added protections against dangerous regular expressions that could cause the app/device to freeze.
- Fixed a bug that affected the appearance of select_one and select_multiple fields with the minimal appearance when there were images attached to the choice labels.
- Fixed a bug that could cause field links in hint text within a repeat group to link to the wrong field.
- Fixed a bug that would allow you to skip required fields by swiping very quickly.
- If an admin password is configured, it is now required before the admin menu renders in the background.
- Added a warning when a field label contains an image but the image attachment is unavailable.
- Intro and thankyou notes are now scrollable.
- Fixed a bug preventing text from being able to wrap in thankyou notes.
- Fixed a bug that could cause overlapping toast messages related to incorrect login credentials.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the app to crash while attempting to restore form data.
- Disabled the clear answer feature on note fields.
- Improved the formatting of the resume crashed form popup.
- Toast notifications will now appear at the bottom of the screen instead of the middle.
iOS Collect 2.60.9Oct. 31, 2019
- Added support for HTML field labels in the question screen.
- Improved the performance of the go-to screen.
- Audio and video fields will now play back audio using the phone’s speaker instead of the earpiece.
- Improved the screen layout when the keyboard is visible to allow scrolling behind the keyboard.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent being able to scroll all the way to the bottom of very long field groups with list-group appearance.
- Fixed a bug preventing the default value from showing up for fields set to read_only.
- Fixed the open-source libraries page in the About menu.
- Plain-text field labels will now appear in bold (like they do in Android Collect).
- Fixed an issue that could cause the app to crash trying to save changes from a note field with the thankyou appearance.
- In the manage-cases screen, forms that are not installed on the device will now appear in brackets (like they do in Android Collect).
iOS Collect 2.60.8
- Added support for the read only field property.
- Fixed an issue with randomized choice lists for select_one and select_multiple fields.
- Fixed an issue preventing the decimal separator on the device keyboard from being clickable if the device’s region uses a comma separator instead of period.
- Got rid of a large gap at the top of the “Send Finalized Form” menu for iOS 9 and iOS 10.
- Fixed an issue where the “Cancel” button in a barcode field would be too low on some screens to click.
- Fixed an issue that would cause the ‘record’ button in audio fields to be disabled.
- Fixed “Navigation” settings popup display issue.
- Turned off support for new iOS “dark mode”.
iOS Collect 2.60.7
- Added support for more select_one and select_multiple appearances (minimal, quick, compact).
- Added language support for French and Hindi.
- Added support for images in choice lists (also preloading them with external .csv data).
- Fixed a bug to prevent crashes when the user credentials are wrong and auto-download with wi-fi is enabled.
- Fixed a bug that was preventing answers from being cleared from select_one fields with “likert” and “list-nolabel” appearances.
- Fixed a bug that was causing an error when repeat instances were deleted and the “table” appearance was used in repeat groups.
- Fixed capitalization in the “Send Finalized Form” screen title.
- Fixed a bug that was causing the choice labels to be cut off for select_one fields that had images.
iOS Collect 2.60.6
- Changed the overall app interface to more closely match Android, by shifting options on the main menu into a three-dot menu in the top-right.
- Added support for the instance_name property, so that automatic naming of forms is possible.
- Fixed it so any responses on the current screen are saved whenever you use the go-to menu to jump to another screen.
- Fixed form-design errors to, at worst, exit the form with an error, rather than crashing the entire app.
- Added the first blank row to the table for the first instance of a new repeat group, when the “table” appearance is used.
- Fixed send/receive settings to be in the correct order, to match the Android version.
- Fixed forms to recognize and load .csv attachments even if they include uppercase letters in their names.
- When finalizing a form, fixed the two confirmation messages to appear one after the other.
- Fixed group names at the top of question screens not to be partly cut off on older versions of iOS.
- Fixed the app not to crash if there is a note field with the “intro” appearance that also has a missing image specified in the form definition.
- Fixed it so, after a crash, the “caseid” in a form will be properly set for the case most recently selected (as opposed to restoring the caseid from the prior crash).
iOS Collect 2.60.5
- Toast notifications (like “Form successfully saved!”) are now centered so they don’t get hidden by things like the keyboard.
- Fixed several bugs that were causing the app to crash.
- Login info is now pre-filled when you try to interact with a server but your password is wrong.
- Finalized forms were not appearing as finalized.
- Fixed bugs with image fields after clearing the input.
- Attempting to finalize a form that fails validation will now redirect you to the field that needs attention.
- Fixed bug in audio fields which allowed you to record audio while playing audio.
- Fixed bug in the ‘resume crashed form’ process.
- Fixed the go to UI for older iOS versions.
- Fixed a bug which would not update the form status in the manage cases screen after the form definition had been updated.
- The admin settings for ‘auto send with network’ and ‘auto download with network’ now toggle the correct settings in the general options menu.
- Added ‘change view’ option to ‘send finalized form’ screen.
- Fixed validation label in manage cases screen.
- Added pencil icon in ‘edit saved form’ section of the manage cases screen.
- Improved the error handling for when the device is totally offline.
iOS Collect 2.60.4
- The first form in the list of blank forms in the Delete saved form menu wasn’t being shown.
- Made the app permissions requests more specific about what was collected and how it was used.
- Fixed a bug that was causing the app to crash if you tried to edit and save an already finalized form.
- Fixed scrolling issues in the go to UI.
- Form name is now shown in the title bar while filling out a form.
- Fixed an issue with the “Navigation” setting popup.
- App will now prompt to save changes when you swipe from far left side of screen.
Beta release version
Versions shown with the icon indicate that they were part of the beta release program. These versions were released for early testing purposes, and were not intended to be used in active data collection projects.