SurveyCTO Collect for Android release notesDownload SurveyCTO Collect
Android Collect 2.70Mar. 29, 2020
- Added support for field plug-ins to allow form designers more flexibility to extend and customize the appearance and functionality of their forms.
- Adjusted the vertical spacing between select_one and select_multiple options to make it more comfortable on higher-resolution devices, and added a new Display density setting to allow user control over the spacing.
- Added support for a variety of new functions for form designers, like empty(), sum-if(), and count-items().
- Re-engineered the "Go To Prompt" interface, in order to render much faster when HTML mode is enabled for question labels.
- Improved the robustness of the finalization process for encrypted forms, to better handle cases where attachments are missing.
- Fixed the jr:choice-name() function (and the newer choice-label() function) to be able to retrieve choice labels even when they are dynamically filtered and have not yet been shown to the user.
- Fixed geopoint fields with the "background" appearance to preserve their original values when the form is saved and re-opened later.
- Removed the Form processing logic setting (since it was no longer necessary or useful).
Android Collect 2.60.2Nov. 18, 2019
- Fixed a bug that prevented image files from being displayed in pre-loaded choice lists using the
- The GPS pre-warming feature now works for geotrace and geoshape fields (instead of just geopoint fields).
- The caseid field is now updated and verified when you finalize a form, to prevent issues after restoring crashed forms using a different caseid.
- Improved Collect so that it will no longer offer to resume from a saved position in the form when there is no available resume point (usually after a crash).
- Fixed a bug that could display errors if a geopoint field with the background appearance was removed from the form (for example, by removing a repeat group instance).
- Fixed a bug that could allow problems with a form definition to cause the welcome screen to be blank.
- Fixed a bug that could allow problems with a form definition to cause the app to crash.
- Added protections against dangerous regular expressions that could cause the app/device to freeze.
Android Collect 2.60.1Sept. 4, 2019
- Fixed a bug that affects forms where the
index()function is used on a field or a group that has no repeated parent.
Android Collect 2.60.0Sept. 3, 2019
- Gave SurveyCTO Collect a new look and feel, including a new icon, title bar, color scheme, and more.
- Added support for transparent backgrounds in .png images.
- Fixed the OSM map engine to start downloading maps again (they had stopped downloading when OSM’s map server stopped serving them to unverified clients), and also fixed selection of the default map style when selecting OSM as the map engine.
- Added a warning in the main menu when notifications are disabled via the Android settings, in order to let people know that constraint and other messages will also be suppressed.
- When automatically recovering from a save-point, improved SurveyCTO Collect to recover any audio audits that had been completed, even if the app or device had crashed before the user had explicitly saved progress.
- Removed some unnecessary resources in order to slim the download size.
- Improved SurveyCTO Collect to no longer crash in the background when long lists of forms have been previously loaded in the Get Blank Form screen.
- Fixed SurveyCTO Collect to no longer crash when trying to attach, to a submission, an item from the device’s Downloads folder.
- Fixed SurveyCTO Collect to give a sensible error message (rather than crashing) when somebody tries to attach, to a submission, an item located in an unsupported location (like Dropbox, OneDrive, or Box).
- Fixed SurveyCTO Collect to no longer shift time and date fields by 30 minutes after having changed the device’s time zone to certain time zones in East Asia.
- Improved the filter box in the case management interface of SurveyCTO Collect to better handle changes in device orientation.
- Updated SurveyCTO Collect to meet Google’s evolving requirements for Android apps (should be invisible).